Monday, December 3, 2012

Wedding Fun!

So this past weekend my husband and I traveled to Reading, PA for my brother-in-law's wedding. It was an absolutely gorgeous wedding that went off without a hitch despite several very tense days of stress (not my stress - I got to be an observer for this Allen wedding)!

Being the crafty, DIY type person that I am, I was on the look out for any crafty or clever idea that I could poach to put on this blog and indeed I found it. I feel like every wedding that I go to, I find something in it that I think to myself, "Gosh I wish I had thought of that for my wedding", but it is what it is. ;).

 My mother-in-law actually came up with this idea. At the reception hall, four wine bottles were put out beside the guest book. Each wine bottle had a label on it that had the bride and groom's names on it and an anniversary date. One was for their first anniversary, one for their 5th, for their 10th, and for their 25th. In addition to signing the guest book, people could write a message on these wine bottles for them to read on each of these anniversaries! How cute is that!!! One of Dan's aunts wrote on the 25th Anniversary wine bottle, "I am 80 now, but still wishing you many wedding blessings". Amazing. Of course, I forgot to take a picture of the wine bottles, so I scoured the internet to find a picture of what it looked like at the reception. Enjoy!



No comments:

Post a Comment