1. One, Fish, Two Fish Toss Game
The first thing I did was find a picture of a fish online that I liked and would be easy to cut out. Then I pinned it to a piece of felt and cut out two identical pieces.
Then I sewed the two pieces together and left a small hole as an opening so that I could stuff it.
I stuffed the fish with some "fluff" that I use for stuffing pillows. I then pinned it back together and sewed it closed.
The last step was adding a white felt eye for each of them and they were all finished! The kids really enjoyed taking turns tossing the fish in the basket!
For the party, my co-teacher and I decided to dress up as Thing 1 and Thing 2. I got two red t-shirts at JoAnns for $3.50 and decided to sew on the logos! I learned how to print on fabric from Pinterest (of course). You iron your fabric onto freezer paper and it makes it stiff enough to go through the printer!
I printed out a Thing 1 and Thing 2 logo on the fabric.
I cut it out and decided to add a second layer of fabric under it to make it thicker and not so see-through.
I used a liquid stitch to keep it tight against the shirt. I then added a quick stitch around the outside for reinforcement.
I'm pretty happy with the way they turned out!
3. The kids' projects
This was a project that I came up with that day! It is the Lorax's Truffula Trees! I used yellow pipe cleaners and feathers on orange paper to really give it a Lorax-feel!
I also came up with this that day! We realized we didn't have enough crafts for the party so I cut the different pieces of the Lorax's body and had the kids glue them together!
This is a project off of Pinterest, so I can't claim creative rights to it ;). But I couldn't help post this because it came out so cute! We painted the bowtie and penne pasta red and white! We printed out the Cat in the Hat face and glue it onto a clothespin! To finish it we hot glued a magnet on the back so it could be a refrigerator magnet for the kids artwork!
4. Finished Cat in the Hat
I let the kids color him - I think they did a pretty good job! Then I laminated it and cut it out. He was a wonderful addition to our party!
5. The snack
The last thing we did was a Green Eggs snack. Unfortunately, I did not get any pictures of it, but it came out really cute! We dyed pudding green to make the green part and added a vanilla wafer in the middle to make the green eggs!
I'm sorry this post is sooooo long, but I hope you enjoyed it as much as I did!